Department Ordering

If you have questions about how to purchase items at Coffeehouse with a P-card, please contact our finance manager, Alex Vela, at If you want to complete an interdepartmental transfer or begin a voucher system, please see below.


Coffeehouse serves other departments and organizations on campus by sending Inter-Departmental Transfers (IDTs) to them when they want to purchase merchandise or drinks. If your organization wants to purchase a one-time order of merchandise, please fill out this form. However, due to a recent change in university policy, we can no longer sell gift cards for IDT payments.

Open Tab Accounts

Open Tabs for departments or organizations allow members to get drinks and food on the organization’s account. They use vouchers created by the Coffeehouse Finance Manager and emailed to the department that created the open tab. The department can specify a maximum amount per voucher, and an expiration date if desired.  We bill the department or organization via IDT at the end of the month.

Previously, organizations have given open tab vouchers to contest winners or people within the organization. Vouchers can also be created for one-day events; in that case, they must be requested 3 business days in advance of the event.

You can fill out this form to request an open tab.